Tuesday, November 28, 2023

 I'm in the middle of a nasty flu-cold and my only bit of lucidity is doing some admin. Anyway I thought I'd take a quick pause because one of my rumination exercises have come up.


2010: I discover Florence + the Machine. I'm surprised I like her music. I like that she's about my age. I like that it's otherworldly. I feel like it touches a part of me inside myself and it contnrasts so much with my other music interests which are mostly metal. Given the recent gender questioning I'm having lately I feel like maybe there's something in it. I'm currently watching the music video (originally unreleased) of Hurricane Drunk. 


Gosh the 2010s were shit. I was just struggling to get into job interviews, struggling to get work, struggling to make money and if I wasn't doing the aforementioned I would be depressed. I think the main thing that was a respite was going to body balance class and then later on i started body attack and body pump classes and explored the other classes. I felt post university and post breakup I was moving into a new sense of identity. One not based on educastion and a sense of status, which I had neither of those anymore. 



No comments: