Monday, July 13, 2020

It was a good weekend which just passed. except for the fact that when things go too well, my brain has a bit of a mood drop. 

On Mondays I get a bunch of reminders from Keep that aim to ground me. Here are some of the insights from those flash cards.

Ask for help when needed

When things get tough, its okay to ask for help,

Think about the future

Think about the future you want and having a better life

Take stock

Think about the things you have achieved and use it as a base

Anger

There are little things I can do to dissipate anger. They seem small but they are like little meanders of a brook, redirecting an instant  flow, having a few bends might just be enough

Think about your goals

I have set out some specific goals. I have a lot to do for sure. It gives me something to get on with

Avoid avoidance

There are a fair few things that I've been meaning to do that I've been putting off. Specifically: there are a stack of papers and magazines that I haven't read yet. I could do that today. If I could just finish my stack of papers today, that would be a big achievement for the evening.

Anyway. it took me a bit of a while to set up today but I'm definitely here. Maybe if I did a full day of work I'd be finished by 7pm. I'm off to the office now.

No comments: