Monday, July 6, 2020

Every week I look at my ABC PLEASE Mnemonic. I had trouble getting out of bed today. I was very tired. I think it was the accumulation of pushing myself quite a bit the past few days. On Saturday I went down to westminster for a cycle and then I spontaneously was invited to an outdoor restaurant. For context, it was July 4 and the media had called it 'super saturday' as it was when the lockdown began to ease around England (not necessarily around the whole of the UK).

I've been on high gear lately (says the guy with a 2 gear bike) so I haven't had processing time to reflect. So that's what I'm doing now. Lets do ABC PLEASE for this week

A - accumulate positive experiences. Yes I've done a bit of this recently
B - build mastery in activities. Positives where they are due: I'm reading a book almost every day and I'm cycling often
C - Cope ahead. I need to work more on this if I'm honest. Perhaps this means I need to achieve a balance of not doing too many things at once (like cycling). I have a stack of papers I haven't read. I'm 2 issues of private eye behind!

P - Physical illness prevention - cycling, and not too much outdoor stuff 
L - low vulnerability to diseases. Cycling again. But perhaps I should think about mental health more
E - Exercise regularly - I miss the gym. Obviously cycling. I might try a 10 mile tonight 
A - Avoid mood altering drugs - does fast food count? Yes I think it does. I could do a bit less with fast food. On the other hand I haven't had a wimpy in a while
S - Sleep healthily. I think this relates to how I organise myself wider. I need to get my admin done earlier on in the day, finish it earlier and so off to bed earlier. Maybe this means I don't cycle as much
E - Eat heathy. Even though I'm having the fast food, I do sometimes order veg heavy foods


No comments: