Monday, February 24, 2020

This week in 2020

Monday: I have been told by management that I'm being taken off the pop culture magazine. I have mixed feelings about this. At first I had a sense of loss but then i began to accept this.

Wednesday: someone from The Sentinel leaked on private eye about something I'm involved with. I also have mixed feelings for this. I told HR and they have my back on the issue

Thursday: I had a phone call with a UK media industry networking group. I've been invited to be a rep for a wider industry group of people. After there was the pride group with a lot of momentum around the pride celebration

Friday: Emailing cartoonists and some professional people behind the scenes about my involvement for LGBT representation in the company. I've been really busy and overwhelmed.

Saturday night/Sunday morning: Watching Wilder-Fury with the boys. Afternoon: went to a birthday party at my brother's. He's 40.

I often go into what happened in previous years but the present has been interesting.

Let's talk about previous years ever so quickly as part of my sunday night/monday morning round up:

2011: I was at a charity event at work (when I worked in events) and I saw Bryan Adams and Katie Melua - that was odd
2012: I saw the band Alcest and Les Discrets - probably the coolest i'll ever be
2015: One of the first time my balance went and stayed above £1000 in savings
2015: Received the Merkur 36c razor. The blades I later got only costed about £30, I still have them in my bathroom cabinet
2017: The current editor of the pop culture magazine (speaking from 2020) left the desk in 2017, his homecoming seems like foreshadowing when I frame it like that
2018: Pay rise agreed to £30.4k

No comments: