Monday, January 31, 2022

dear diary,


There's some really bad homophobia and transphobia stuff going on at the moment in the country. I'm doing a lot of advocacy and its really hitting on me. Word is there's a dossier of docs on the government's dealings and well it will be revealed on thursday. 


Lots of work stuff and advocacy stuff taking a toll on me personally.


Anyway I wanted to talk about something different.


The Grilled Cheese. I tried making one on Saturday night. I grated cheddar and put it in a fancy waitrose bun. It went...okay. On Sunday I did it on brown bread, buttered the outside and used that cheap american 'cheese' (the kind that doesn't officially count as cheese). The Brown bread did really well. the cheese melted perfectly. I did 3 slices in each unit. That was a bit too much. I might go for 2.5 per unit instead I think.


Why Am I Focussing On A Grilled Cheese So Much? 

Things are really hard and ...this is the only thing that seems to cheer me up. THe price of the bread and the cheese are so cheap compared to getting it from the takeaways. I used to love grilled cheeses from the takeaway, but literally the same thing could be had home made and tastes just as greasy and perhaps even better. Maybe next time I'll add some sliced gherkins, put in a smashed burger? It tasted bloody good. Good feelings are hard to come by.


Also feeling super anxious and worried about the equalities watchdog right now. THe implications of it are v troubling


No comments: