Monday, April 6, 2020

Dear diary,

The whole world is in a covid-19 lockdown. A global pandemic has created a new situation, a global emergency. I'm staying at home and unless I have to go into the office (journalism is key-work) I am almost never outside.

So there's a new normal. I'm realising that lots of people are very vulnerable. My boss had a panic attack. I felt a bit sad about that, I always rely on her to hold the thought. It's now up to me and the other team to hold the fort up for her. Also I kept it super secret about her having a panic episode.

There are lots of negatives. Let's think about positives: I've gotten back into music. I bought a melodica. I'm keeping really productive. I got all my 'egg swallowing' tasks done just now. I have a closer relationship with my colleagues than ever.

Recent events have been an opportunity for me to reflect on the past. Playing melodica and piano has also made me reflect. This saturday i was invited to a heavy metal club night online on twitch. It was a lot of fun.

One thing I've done is try to make a bucket list of what life will be like after c-19 and the things I look forward to.

Let's end my post by talking about 'this week in previous years':


  • 2009: My university email account expired, it was a low point
  • 2011: I saw Arnold Schwarzenegger outside a red carpet event
  • 2012: I hung out with friends and smoked some [redacted]
  • 2013: Jamming with friends (resonant to present day I feel)
  • 2014: ending of how I met your mother, it felt weirdly emotional to watch
  • 2015: When I started taking phones seriously?
  • 2016: Working as syndication editor for the sentinel news service, I thought this was the pinnacle of my career, sometimes I still do
  • 2017: Got a new bed
  • 2019: 1 year anniversary for nintendo switch
  • 2020: COvid-19 shit

No comments: