Monday, April 30, 2018

going back to where it began


I woke up on a Friday. I didn't manage to make coffee as I planned. I went to Bristol University via Paddington (after a close call) to deliver a talk about breaking into Journalism. I gave a presentation for 20 minutes and then walked in the link corridors to get to LT3 and get out of LT3. It was just the same as it was in the old days - well a bit different.

I walked around Bristol University and campus. I went to the old departments and visited my old memories. I walked the old paths that exist in my memories, seeing a living version of what I knew in my mind and what belonged to my old self. It is no longer who I am now. I began to get tired and [the first girlfriend] arrived to pick me up. [first girlfriend] took me to the Cotswolds. I ended up at her place and then met [her husband]. We put up a Gazebo and then we went to a place called The Priory to eat. I ate fish and chips.

We drove back to [first girlfriend's] place, I went back to the hotel. I spent some time with [first girlfriend's] walking around the suspension bridge, talking, having a heart to heart. We then cuddled for a bit, had a shower and were intimate. [first gf] left early. I on my own. I didn't sleep much but I did eventually sleep.

I slept late but woke early. It was a Saturday. It was the next day.

It's a Monday, 1am right now. I'm thinking about what all of it meant. It was an intense and interesting experience. I gave my advice and inspiration to up and coming types.

I said to myself as I walked around Clifton that I really just wanted to move on.

I'm now staring at my Alienware 13. Wondering what moving on looks like.

No comments: