Sunday, November 13, 2022

ABC please (13/11/2022)

 A: Accumulate positive experiences - I have deliberately been outside and cycling when I didn't need to or when I thought to myself I don't need to get extra supplies. I realise that its important for my emotional wellbeing to be outside more when it gets dark so early

B: Build mastery in activities that make you feel confident and not helpless - It's been some time since I've properly written in this diary. I have been doing a lot of treadmill lately. I've even gone as far as doing treadmill before AND after I do a gym class. This takes a lot of effort mentally (why i'm not at my desk to do therapeutic writing as much) but it has really improved my cardio fitness. I'm quite fitter, objectively speaking.

C: Cope ahead - I'm working on writing up timestamps for my activity for days ahead, especially gym days and when I finish work. This helps me and it also makes me realise when I wont be at the computer much doing my important admin work

P: Physical illness prevention - I'm eating more veg, see comment above about treadmill

L: Low vulnerability to diseases - except for my overeating today, 6/7 of my days this week involved a caloric deficit so large that today's eating is relatively neglegible - I am thinking about specific and concrete weight targets based on BMI and healthy weight

E: Exercise regularly, except for feeling powerless for not going gym today (I did cycle 5 miles though, and rationally I need to recover), I think its fair to say I'm exercising regularly and I am making it so that my intention to continue this trend into next week

S: Sleep healthy: I think I'm doing okay with this, even though I have trouble sleeping at night I don't distract myself on the computer. This might change tonight

E: Eat Healthy: ummm...I'm eating more veg. I'm still eating takeaway. Is it healthy? I don't know. I tell you what, Idon't feel I can eat more veggies than I am right now. Or else I'll lose my sanity. 

No comments: