Friday, August 30, 2019

Dear Diary,

Lately I've been experiencing a lot of rumination type thoughts/feelings.

These are largely involuntary. The past echoing at me it seems.

Life's busy. Life's good in some ways. My career is basically...I'm working on things that will be in the history books, I genuinely believe that.

My personal life is ...in need of improvement. my fitness too.

I realise that I really need to change things up if I want to seriously reduce my bodyfat. I'm keeping active but the issue is shifting the bodyfat and getting muscle, I need to be more serious

In other news, B told me that she's having a girl, the gender is confirmed after a scan. They are all happy about it, and so am i. It's suddenly more real and its really going to change their lives.

In other news: it's quiet at work. Eerily quiet. The calm before the storm.I can't believe september is here already. On the other hand, I've had a fairly active few weeks, I'm happy about that.

I'm feeling really tired today. I'm reminded of the line from Kipling's If: if you can give the unforgiving minute sixty seconds of distance run [...] yours is the earth and everything that's in it, and what's more, you'll be a man, my son.

I feel like I've done something like that. My minute is up for today. Until the next minute. I'm struggling to keep my head up.




No comments: