Saturday, September 22, 2007

Anxiety

I've started to purge after every meal. I feel an immense amount of anxiety in the leadup to the start of my Masters degree. In a way; I have no expectations for the future, but in other ways; I seem hopeful for the future. Lets distinguish two strains of thinking on the issue:

Positives

  1. I have gotten into a Masters programme at a fairly decent university
  2. I am closer to my teenage dream of getting a PhD
  3. I am losing weight
  4. I have a chance to start anew as a postgraduate
  5. I have a chance to start my life again

Negatives

  1. I have the stigma of being ugly
  2. I have the stigma of having few friends
  3. I have the stigma of being mentally ill
  4. I have the stigma of being disabled
  5. I have the stigma of lack of life experience; fun undergraduate life
  6. I have the stigma of lack of life experience; sex
  7. I have the stigma of lack of life experience; romantic relationships (emotional)
  8. I have the stigma of lack of life experience; romantic relationships (physical)
  9. I have the stigma of being overweight
  10. I have problems with anxiety which do not make me fit in
  11. I have no confidence
  12. I'm scared (I want a cuddle)

No comments: